Who Are We?
The Nevada Behavioral Health Association, formerly Nevada AADAPTS, is a statewide Non-Profit 501 (c) (3) organization comprised of and representing agencies, individuals, and programs involved in the treatment and prevention of substance abuse related issues.
What Do We Do?
The Nevada Behavioral Health Association is involved in a number of issues and projects. This includes:
- Approved IC&RC Certification Board for the following credentials: Prevention and Peer Support Specialst
- Activities that inform and educate individuals, communities, and policy-making bodies about the need for substance abuse and prevention services throughout Nevada.
- Member of the State Associations of Addiction Services (SAAS), which represents 42 State associations in substance abuse treatment advocacy .
- Implementation and maintenance of Nevada’s Peer Review efforts as required by the Federal SAPT Block Grant.
- Maintenance of a strong communication channel between the Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment Agency (SAPTA) and the treatment and prevention field.
- National Recovery Month Projects
- National Alcohol Screening Day Events
- Workforce Development